Friday, May 4, 2012

Wyoming Barns & Buildings

All these barns were photographed through the window of a U-Haul Truck while I was riding or driving along Interstate 81 in Wyoming.

 This one, below, seems to be defying gravity.
 This one looks to be pretty tight; well, other than the holes in the roof.
 It was interesting to me that abandoned barns still stand, highly visible in the flat, arid landscape.

Here in West Virginia they would each be overgrown to the point of invisibility if not already toppled from the moisture and growth.  Once a West Virginia barn hits the ground, it soon takes the journey  back to the earth until little may be seen other than nails and hinges rusting into their elemental state.

1 comment:

Charlie Hammons said...

I´ve always been fascinated by old barns. They harbour a lot of animals, such as owls mice rats and other birds.
In Idaho I hunted pigeons and always found them in old barns. Once I entered
a barn and a large white owl nearly flew into my face on it´s way out. Nice pictures.
Charlie